Saudi coalition air raid at wedding in Sanaban, Dhamar province,
evening of October 7, 2015, part 7
Luftschlag der saudischen Koalition auf Hochzeit in Sanaban, Provinz Dhamar,
Abend des 7. Oktober 2015, Teil 7
Report – Bericht
All our prayers go "to Abdullah Qais Al Sanabani" cousin of my children and their very close friend.
Young smart Inventor, who which won the first place in the competition for global innovative projects, "Aiken scientifica"; from within the 15-nation Arab and foreign participate.
Was received by the astronaut, "Riley" in the US space agency, "NASA" and in recognition of his talent, he was awarded a special recognition and attention, and has been admitted to special places closed for public visitors.
It was also among those who have been bombed by a missile, which celebrated a wedding of his uncle in Sanaban, but sense he is genius and inventor he had to repair the electricity generator at the moment when the bombing of the house of his grandfather during the wedding.
This child burned in a healthy critical condition, killed his grandfather and his grandmother, uncles, and aunts, even a lot of the children of young age.
Abdullah Qais Al Sanabani, der Technikfreak, ein Neffe der drei Bräutigame, war auf der Hochzeit, bei der ein großer Teil seiner Verwandten umkam. Er erlitt schwere Verbrennungen. Wie sich die Zeiten ändern: Er hatte einen Preis der NASA gewonnen und war bei der NASA von dem Astronauten J. R. Riley empfangen worden.
Here he is interviewed in Yemen TV (February 2013) – Hier wird er im jemenitischen Fernsehen interviewt (Februar 2013):
And here reports from after the raid – Und hier Berichte von nach dem Angriff:
16.10.2015 – The Independent
Yemen wedding bombing: 15-year-old survivor tells of devastation wreaked on family party
A Saudi-led air strike on a wedding in Yemen earlier this month killed scores of guests and wounded 54 others, including women, children – and a 15-year-old boy who dreams of being an astronaut. Survivors speak to Mary Ghallab
It should have been a day of happy family celebration for 15-year-old Abdullah Qais Sanabani, a Yemeni schoolboy previously best known by his schoolmates for having once won a trip to Nasa’s US headquarters.
His three uncles, dressed in smart blue jackets over traditional white robes and wearing colourful turbans, were holding a joint wedding ceremony and party. Their three brides, all from nearby villages, had just arrived in a convoy of 30 cars, beeping horns and playing loud music in celebration, when a power generator failure prompted Abdullah to leave the house with one of his uncles to see what was wrong.
Moments later, at 9.30pm, the deafening roar of warplanes filled the air and missiles rained down from the sky on to the two-storey wedding house built on the top of a hill in the small town of Sanabani, 60 miles south of the capital Sanaa.
“We heard the terrifying sound of the jets,” Abdullah recalled in a weak voice. “My uncle pushed me behind a water tank. Missiles fell on us and exploded, and when I looked around, I found all those who were around me dead. My uncle’s body was torn into pieces. He hadn’t got married yet.”
Abdullah spoke to The Independent by telephone from bed in a Jordanian hospital, where he was flown for emergency treatment after the attack.
According to witnesses, at least 57 of the wedding party – mostly members of the extended families of the brides and the grooms – were killed and dozens others injured in the attack earlier this month. Bed-ridden and still swathed in bandages, Abdullah suffered first-degree burns in the face and body and said he was afraid that doctors might amputate his hands. “I am in pain all the time. My whole body has been scorched,” he said.
Abdullah’s father, Qais Sanabani, said most of the dead in his family’s wedding party had been women because, according to Yemeni traditions, men must leave the house when the brides first arrive. As well as Abdullah’s uncle, one of the brides and 10 other immediate family members perished, including his grandparents. A health ministry official in Dhamar, Mohammed Gamah, said the final death toll had risen to 66 – 33 women, 18 men and 15 children – and 54 others injured.
“He was so happy to go to Nasa and for him, this was a turning point,” Mr Sanabani said. In school, he added, his son excelled in scientific applications, making models to show how to generate solar energy. Mr Sanabani said that his son always dreamt of becoming an astronaut. From his hospital bed, Abdullah summed up his ambitions. “I wanted to do something that benefits human kind. So when I die, people remember me,” he said.
1.11.2015 – Al Araby
Yemen child prodigy badly injured in wedding bombing
A Yemeni boy who took a trip to NASA after winning an international science award may lose his leg and fingers after an airstrike left him badly burned, Reuters reported on Friday. Fifteen year old Abdullah al-Sanabani was injured in a suspected Saudi airstrike on 7 October that according to the Health Ministry killed 66 members of the wedding party in near Dhamar, a small city in southwestern Yemen, the UK newspaper The Independent reported.
In 2011, Abdullah won the prestigious Indian IKen Scientific science prize for building a solar-powered remote control car that converted into a boat, Reuters reported. His prize included a five-day trip to the US space agency NASA and the title of "Global Icon". "He was so into life, into learning, English and computers. All of his dreams and aspirations could be lost now. His future is now in the hands of fate," his uncle Hussam told the news agency.
"Around 45 percent of his body has second and third degree burns. The five fingers on his right hand and his left leg are burnt, and the doctors are deciding whether to keep them or take them off," his father Qais said. Abdullah himself is now recovering from his injuries in a Jordanian hospital. Asked if he would continue pursuing his dreams of being a scientist, he answered wearily "God willing." "I wanted to do something that benefits human kind. So when I die, people remember me," he told the Independent by telephone from his bed in the burn unit ward in Amman' King Hussein hospital.
"Three of my wife's brothers were all having a wedding. At around 9:30 at night when the brides arrived to the house, we heard the sound of the Saudi airplanes attack it with missiles," his father told Reuters. "We heard the terrifying sound of the jets," Abdullah told The Independent. "My uncle pushed me behind a water tank. Missiles fell on us and exploded, and when I looked around, I found all those who were around me dead. My uncle's body was torn into pieces. He hadn't got married yet."
Swathed in bandages and with first-degree burns on his face and body, he said "I am in pain all the time. My whole body has been scorched." A national heroHis win, and his visit to NASA in 2011 made headlines in Yemen. Wearing a T-shirt that said "NASA: I need my space" at a TEDx conference in Yemen in 2012, he told the audience: "I'm proud. Not just for myself, but for Yemen." Many of Abdullah's family were killed in the attack, including a groom and a bride, two of Abdullah's grandparents, an aunt, two uncles and several young cousins. At least 15 children died in the attack – by Al-Araby al-Jadeed staff
Film by Reuters, published November, 2 – Film von Reuters, veröffentlicht am 2. November 2015
Yemen child prodigy: burnt and amputated
Abdullah al-Sanabani, who once dreamed of leading a Yemeni space programme, is victim to a suspected Saudi-led air strike that left him badly burned. Noah Browning reports.
Report by his cousin, on Twitter Nov., 1 – Bericht von seinem Cousin, auf Twitter am 1. Nov.